Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A trip to Canada


When I went to Canada I got to go on a ferry boat by the San Juan Islands. While on the ferry boat I saw killer whales. It was a really nice experience to see one out in the ocean, besides Sea World.

We went to the Victoria Butterly Garden to see lots of different kinds of butterflies.
A butterfly landed on my head and my wrist.

My little sister was scared to death of all the butterflies flying around her.




My brother Camden had one land on his wrist, too.
There was a moth in the garden that was bigger than my hand. It was called an Atlas Moth. It had cocoons hanging above it.












The next place we went to was the Victoria Bug Zoo. It was really crazy there. They let you hold REALLY weird bugs.
This is me touching an Emperor Scorpion. They wouldn't let me hold it because it is very fragile.














One night by the hotel when we were down by the harbor there was a street performer. He did some really cool stuff like juggling a chain saw with 2 flaming torches and fit his entire body through a tennis racquet with no net while balancing a golf club on his chin. After that he wanted a hug and made my dad give him a hug. So then he told my dad to come up and another guy to help him.


The first thing the guy did with my dad and the other guy up there was make the other guy lay down so he could walk over him while juggling flaming torches with lighter fluid all around him.He made it over without burning the guy!

After he did that he told my dad and the other guy to hold up a unicycle so he could get up on the unicycle.

When he was up he told my dad to light three torches and throw them to him one by one. After a while he had my dad throw with him really fast! It was so awesome and I thought my dad was pretty good without any practice! When he was done performing he held out his hat on his unicycle so we could put Canadian money in it. I put in a twonie and Londyn and Camden put in loonies. My dad gave him a couple dollars too. That was just about the best part of the entire trip!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a super cool trip... your next vacation is to Southern California... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! Can I come on your next trip with you? I can't believe you held all those crazy bugs!!! I mean the butterflies are one thing - but those bugs - WOW!!! You are very brave. We sure miss you guys!! Hope you are enjoying your first week of school.


    BIG HUGS
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caiden this is Branden -

    Those are some pretty cool bugs that you got to touch and hold. How is school going? I miss you!

    From
    Branden

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like so fun. wish ash was there to hold those wierd looking bugs with you and i would have loved to see your dad juggling fire. that is pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete