Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Swimming Lessons, Indoor


It all started out in class: Beginner 1. At first I was trying to pull out some moves to show off and I could do backstroke and crawl stroke pretty good. I was just about the best in my class. For the second session of swimming lessons I got bumped up to Beginner 3. There are two activities that you can do at the end of class, ropeswing and diving board. Every morning you have to go to the shed to get flippers and a kickboard. I am more confident with flippers and kickboard than swimming without them. We learned surface dives, underwater swimming, and breath-holding (I was pretty good at that). Most of the time I took zero breaths. I've been having lots of fun at summer swimming lessons - indoor.
My mom took this picture of me today just before I did a backflip off the diving board. Everyone in my class was like "wow that was so cool!" and they all gave me high-fives.
Someday I want to be like my teacher and do a backflip off the ropeswing. Now that was awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Caiden,

    I'm your number one fan. I am so glad that you're in cub scouts now and I love to see you swimming too. Hopefully, I'll be able to see you swim and do back flips when I'm there. Please write some more on your blog, so I can find out what else you're doing. I love you...

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was fun for me to hear all those kids in your class watch with amazement as you did those backflips today. You are one impressive kid Caiden! Keep working on your strokes!!! You're doing awesome!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! We wish you were here so we could all go swimming together. I think you should come for a visit. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete